Monday, June 1, 2009

I got good news.. and bad news

The bad news is The Warm Up will not be dropping today (Don't shoot!).. I know, I know. But this is the final push back. There were some loose ends that still need to be tied, but the FINAL official date for this mixtape is June 15th. With the couple new joints I added last week I can confidently say it's worth a 2 week wait.

But, I still feel terrible for the 4 of us that were waiting to get it today (ha!) So I had to come with a whole lot of good news to compensate.

1. Last summer me and the most incredible up and coming directors BBGUN shot 3 videos, which all connected like a mini short movie. The 1st part was "Lights Please", which flowed into "Simba", and the 3rd was for this amazing song that you guys will hear in the future. The videos came out crazy, and we've been sitting on them for like 10 months.

Well today I give you "Simba"

J. Cole - Simba (Directed by BBGUN) from bbgun on Vimeo.



2. We're throwing a release party for The Warm Up in both NYC and Fayetteville, NC. The NYC date is tentatively June 15th, will give details when it's locked in. The date for the party in the Ville is lookin like June 25th. I'll keep everybody updated.

3. "Lights Please" will be on my album. But we're putting an early version of it on The Warm Up. This is the song/version that got me to Jay.

4. Same goes with "Losing My Balance", early version on the mixtape.

5. My website should be up tomorrow.

6. I just saved a ton of money on my car insurance by switching to Geico.

Enjoy the video, more songs and leaks coming in the next two weeks.

Peace

Cole

17 comments:

DDotOmen.com said...

I posted this on the blog.

tell IB I emailed him for an interview. somebody hit me back so we can get it done.

http://Twitter.com/DDotOmen

starplatinum24 said...

Damn i was lookin forward to the mixtape. But i guess i can wait another 2 weeks. June 15th the Warm Up shit i cant wait. Keep the heat coming J.Cole

Je Ne Sais Quoi said...

Video is dope Cole, props to BBGun.

Es said...

i was like mad excited for this too! but I know it will be dope so I'll wait! keep up the good work!

LifE.KiT said...

ill vid bruh, artistically beautiful, keep it coming son!!

Sunny said...

Video is tight!

Blaze said...

Man I was Waitin On This Joint Today Too Its all Good Tho I Know It'll Be Worth The Wait "I'll Never crack I Got That Chapstick" sick shit my dude keep that heat comin Fam

Troop Up said...

Damn I was anxiously waiting for this joint too but I know you won't dissapoint so another 2 weeks is no trip...the video is COLD man keep up the good work, we support you up in Jersey!

The commoner said...

My dude the vid is HoTT. I just copped the American Dreamin' Mixtape. That's fyiah, it'll definitely hold me down for two weeks. Shiit I am still bumping that Dead Presidents joint so... Do your thing my nigga.

Andrew said...

Would've been cool if it dropped today but its cool. Can't wait to hear it, Oh and the video was Nice!

DmackMasterice said...

Definitely more than 4, I told like 6 of my friends (ha!) and you are truly an inspiration fam (chances of you seeing this is pretty slim but whatever), I mean you proved single-handedly (sp?). You rap, produce, and handled all your stuff on your own fam and that's amazing to me.

Chaunna said...

Mannnnnnnnnn, f*ck Geico!

vonpea.com said...

your video is crazy man! i seen it on 2db

catchmeifyoucan said...

dope.
soooooo happy "light's please" and "losing my balance" is gonna be on the official mixtape

Troop Up said...

Btw props to Tay James for that mixtape, he's doing his thing out here at Hampton U....stillllll can't wait for the warm up, make them understand!!

krys. said...

Trying to get interview for Amplified Minds premiere issue launching in June.

Can't wait for the mixtape.

Get @ me!

angellemontoya said...

lmfao!!!geico!!
i love how noone realized u wrote that.mad hilarious.